Jun 25, 2012

Homecoming...always good to go home!


Yesterday, our church celebrated our annual homecoming service.  Homecoming Sunday is always an exciting day as family and friends come back home to visit and worship together. 

This particular homecoming was extra special for our family because my brother-in-law, Chuck Hollingsworth was the guest speaker.  Chuck recently graduated from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.


Clark (Chuck's dad) introducing his son

Chuck
 He did an excellent job sharing the Word with us and it was followed by an awesome lunch there at the church.  Baptists know how to cook, people! 

We had so much fun that we didn't leave the church until around 3:00 that afternoon.  Just in time to get a good Sunday afternoon nap :)

I didn't take many pictures, but did want to share a few since Chuck's wife (my sister)
and their kids weren't able to be there with us..........


Some of Chuck's family with his father, Clark and grandmother, Jewell


our church's Ministry Assistant, Ms. Susan Poole


Scott & Chuck at the sound booth before service
(the look on Scott's face is hilarious...you just can't see it that well in this picture)


proud father :)

flowers from the centerpieces




my chocolate chip cookies.....that were all eaten!


You know, one day we will all celebrate a homecoming together.  That particular homecoming will be when we are all reunited with our loved ones who have gone on before us.  I look forward to that day because I will see Jesus, face to face.  And I look forward to that day because I have hope in Jesus that my daddy will also be there.  What a glorious day that will be!



No comments:

Post a Comment