Jan 3, 2013

The High Calling



I ran across a site this morning that I wanted to share with you.  The High Calling is an online magazine and community that was founded on the belief that God cares about our daily work.  I dont' know about you, but so many times I find myself feeling that I'm not really doing "ministry" in my 9-5 (actually, 7:45-4:15..lol!) secular job.  But that couldn't be further from the truth! 

We are all missionaries no matter where we are.....at work and at play.  We each have a different calling and a different sphere of influence in the world for Christ.  We just need to embrace it and make the most of every opportunity we have to share the Good News.

I'm new to the site, but I can't wait to really dive into it and explore everything they have to offer.  I need all the encouragement I can find in my daily life! 

So go on over and check it out for yourself.  You don't blog?  No worries!  You can even receive automatic emails on a daily or weekly basis to keep you informed. 

Well, let me go for now.  I'm about to add their button to the sidebar of my blog for easy access.  They're also on Facebook, so see.....there's no excuse for you not to find them ;)

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. I love how you say, "we are all missionaries." Thanks again, Lynn, for the shout-out!

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, thank you so much for this fine shout-out for The High Calling. it's so nice to know that we encourage you in your daily walk. Many blessings in the work of your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Lynn. Thats the same reason I came. I love how you are sharing with your readers already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Lynn. Thats the same reason i came to THC. I love how you are sharing already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, thanks for visiting, and spreading the word about The High Calling. Please let any of the editors know (myself included) if you ever need anything. We are here to help, and encourage you in your daily work and life. Again, thanks--we are glad you "get" what we're trying to do, and so appreciate you bringing attention to it.

    ReplyDelete